About Me

My photo
Born in the US, raised on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus, lived in Italy, the US, and Canada. Lover of language, travel, colour, and the natural world.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb10, Day 9: Where's the party?

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

The author of this prompt is Shauna Reid:
The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl
@shauna

So I have to admit: this prompt has been hanging over my head like a looming dark cloud all day. Party? Me? Am I the only person in my age bracket that would choose a long walk on the beach late at night or lying on my back in a field on and island in the Atlantic ocean watching stars over a hip, rhythm thumping, rocking party? No. On second thought, don't answer that.

Not that I do not enjoy the occasional night out. I love to dance, and getting dressed up is always fun, but my idea of an ideal social gathering is a rooftop party under the stars with a group of good friends. Or a bonfire gathering on the beach with at least one guitar, marshmallows and lots of laughter. In Cyprus this spring I went out with friends to outdoor cafes and bars nestled in the gardens of old houses.



Recently I went to a halloween party as Friday Kahlo -- my first halloween party -- and I did enjoy getting to dress up and behave like a child again for a night. My costume went over well, and I enjoyed looking out from under my unibrow at bird woman, Tinkerbell and Peter Pan instead of my normally jeans-clad social crowd!


  
So given that my party stats for 2010 have been small, relatively laid back get-togethers with close friends, I am thinking this prompt is going to have to be a goal for 2011. Maybe new years eve?
I have a few more weeks to dig out my heels, slip myself a party dress, and find myself a party!

If you live in northern California, and know of great places to be on new years eve, I would love to hear some suggestions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment